CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm back!!



After a long time away, I'm finally back.
So much has happened. We moved, celebrated birthdays, started school, and so much more. My mind has been all over the place lately so it's nice to finally sit and let a little bit of everything out.
Amiyah started first grade at Faith Christian School, and is loving it. When I went to pick her up on only her second day of school, her teacher said she wasn't following directions. She couldn't get into detail because other parents were showing up to retrieve their own children, and get a note home as well, but she told me Amiyah had a note in her bag for me to read. Once home, Amiyah got right to her usual routine - Taking out any papers I need to read and sign (sigh) as well as her homework, putting her lunchbox in the fridge, changing her clothes, sitting down for a snack, and then some time to relax before we start homework and chores. While she was changing I went to the table where lying in front of me was a letter written in the cutest stationary, it had apples and tiny school houses on it. But no matter how cute, I still felt uneasy. I opened it and this is what it said, " Mrs. Zarazua, I had to ask Amiyah four times today to follow directions. You will see on the work she brought home from today what I'm talking about. Please speak with her or else this can affect her grade." I crumpled up the letter and frantically searched through all her work to find the one, or maybe two pages, that have red scribbles all over them. I got it! But wait, are you serious? This is why my little Poppy is in trouble, can this really affect her grade? Looking down at her math papers, I saw the dreaded red scratches from Mrs. Giovino's pen, and quite honestly... I laughed! My daughter is such an artist, and with every stroke of her pencil she released her inner Picasso. She got into trouble because she was making little curly q's at the end of every single number she wrote. I sat with her at the table with a smile on my face and asked why it was she did that. She said, " Mommy because I'm an artist, and that's what we do. I was just trying to be creative." These are the moments I wish I was homeschooling. My daughter would be free to make all the curly q's heart little heart desired. Needless to say, she now knows curly q's are for outside of school only.

0 comments: